Verizon Wireless has unveiled the Compaq Mini CQ10-688nr netbook with an embedded LTE modem.
Customers can expect average downlink speeds of 5-12 Mbps and uplink
speeds of 2-5 Mbps in LTE coverage areas. Aimed at business travellers,
the device is available for US$449.99 on a new two-year contract. The
US operator offers a choice of three mobile broadband plans: US$30 per
month with 2 GB data allowance, US$50 per month with 5 GB data
allowance and US$80 per month with 10 GB data allowance.
Verizon Wireless today announced the Compaq™ Mini CQ10-688nr with built-in 4G LTE will be available online at www.verizonwireless.com on August 4.
Previously announced at this year’s Consumer Electronics Show and
powered by Verizon Wireless’ 4G LTE network, the Compaq Mini CQ10-688nr
is the ideal balance of performance and size. Customers can stream
videos; video chat; and download music, photos and videos on a slim and
stylish netbook. Customers can also stay connected using 4G LTE and
access digital files on HP Cloud Drive, a digital filing cabinet to
download or upload files while mobile.
Small business customers can take advantage of the 4G LTE speeds to
quickly download and send email attachments and utilize word processing
and Web browsing on-the-go. The ultraportable Compaq Mini CQ10-688nr is
designed to help business owners and frequent travelers get their work
done fast and efficiently.
- 4G LTE – customers can expect download speeds of 5 to 12 Mbps and
upload speeds of 2 to 5 Mbps in 4G Mobile Broadband coverage areas
- Windows® 7 Home Starter 32-bit
- 10.1” WSVGA Anti-glare LED Display (1024 x 600)
- 1.66 GHz Intel® Atom™ Processor N455
- 250 GB hard drive
- Memory: 1 GB DDR3 RAM
- VGA webcam with integrated digital microphone
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- Multi-format digital media card reader for SD cards, multimedia cards, memory stick and memory stick pro
- Weight: 3.10 lbs
Pricing and availability:
- The Compaq Mini CQ10-688nr will be available online at www.verizonwireless.com on August 4 for $449.99 with a new two-year customer agreement.
- Customers will be able to choose one of the following Mobile Broadband plans:
- $30 monthly access for 2 GB monthly allowance
- $50 monthly access for 5 GB monthly allowance
- $80 monthly access for 10 GB monthly allowance
For more information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit
a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s fastest, most advanced 4G
network and largest, most reliable 3G network. The company serves 106.3
million total wireless connections, including 89.7 million retail
customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 83,000 employees
nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon
Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For
more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com.
To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and
high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the
Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.