Football Fans Hit Fever Pitch on 3
Wednesday, 21 June 2006
During Australia's crucial match against Croatia this Friday morning, 3 mobile is expecting the largest audience yet for its World Cup official FIFA video highlights and live coverage.
Figures to date show:
- 3's customers have watched over 300,000 World Cup moments - either official FIFA video highlights or SBS live coverage.
- Fans aren't just staying up late to watch the TV in their lounge room. 3's customers are also watching live coverage on their mobile between 11pm and 7am, with unprecedented demand during the Australia v Brazil match.
- Those preferring to sleep instead aren't missing out on any of the action. They're watching the official FIFA highlights on the way to work, with peak viewing between 7.30am and 9am each morning.
- Average viewing time for the live coverage is 6mins and some are even watching the full match on their mobile.
3 mobile is the official mobile video provider for FIFA 2006 World Cup.
For only $8 per month fans can watch unlimited:
- Official FIFA video highlights of each match
- Official FIFA video highlights of every match from 2002
- Live matches (as a bonus via SBS mobile TV)
- Live scores
- Team profiles
- Group tables and schedules
- Match previews and reviews
- Latest news