Saturday, 06 September 2008
Vodafone K.K. 3G Subscribers Top 3 Million
Friday, 07 April 2006
Vodafone K.K. today announces its 3G subscribers exceeded 3 million as of the end of March
2006. The achievement comes approximately 4 months after surpassing the 2 million mark in
November 2005, and approximately 3 years and 3 months after the service launch in December
Vodafone K.K.'s 3G subscriber growth is attributable to the following:
- Expanded service area, 99.93%*1 domestic population coverage
- Enhanced lineup of Vodafone K.K. 3G handsets
- Vodafone Connect Card 3G data card service that can be used both in Japan and abroad*2
- International roaming service*2 that lets customers use Vodafone K.K. 3G handsets abroad*3
- Enriched 3G content such as Chaku-Uta Full and digital comics
- Range of services like Vodafone live! CAST, Vodafone live! FeliCa, and Vodafone live! NAVI
- Easy-to-understand flat-rate services such as Mail Flat-rate, Dual Packet Flat-rate, Family Call Flat-rate and Love Flat-rate
- Expanded business customer services like Vodafone Office Mail and Vodafone Mobile Office
- Comprehensive sales and after-service network that includes 1,858*1 Vodafone shops nationwide
Vodafone K.K. will continue to expand 3G service areas and offer products and services that go beyond borders to support richer communication.
1: As of the end of March 2006.
2: As of the end of March 2006 voice roaming was available on GSM networks in 142 countries and regions, with Vodafone live! internet and packet communications roaming in 66 of them. In addition, 3G (W-CDMA) roaming was available on networks in 26 countries and regions abroad, with Vodafone live! internet and packet communications roaming in 25 of them, and video call roaming in 13 of them.
3: Some 3G handsets such as the Vodafone 703N and Vodafone 802N are for use in Japan only.