Mobile solutions provider Cutting the Wires Ltd is pleased to announce connectivity support for the Novatel Wireless / Lucent Technologies
- Merlin U530 UMTS Wireless PC Card Modem
Zafari Mobile is the ultimate mobile computing graphical user interface designed by the team responsible for the creation of the highly acclaimed Vodafone Mobile Connect product. Zafari Mobile removes the complexity of connectivity over any network bearer, using any modem device and focuses on easy and quick access to the applications you want to work with!
In addition to supporting the Merlin UMTS PC Card, Zafari Mobile currently supports the following PC Card modem devices;
- Nokia D211 & D311 GPRS & WLAN
- Option Wireless Globetrotter GPRS
- Option Wireless GPRS/WLAN Combo
- Sony Ericsson GC75 GPRS
- Sony Ericsson GC79 GPRS/WLAN Combo
- Sony Ericsson GC82 GPRS/EDGE
- Sierra Wireless Aircard 750
- LightSpeed GPRS/WLAN Combo
- Intel Centrino PCI 2100 & 2200 WLAN chipset
- Broadcom WLAN chipset
- All Wi-Fi Alliance Certified WLAN 802.11 a/b PC Cards
- All built-in Dial-Up Modems
- All built-in Ethernet LAN adapters
Cutting the Wires specialises in developing mobile solutions, implementing end-to-end data solutions and mobile data telecoms consulting. Cutting the Wires mission is to mobilize the primary data device of choice: the laptop computer. CTW has been successful because of its unique knowledge of the customer environment, be it the single professional, or the large multi-national Enterprise.
We have developed Zafari Mobile to address a gap in the market. Our objective is to grow the use and facilitate the take-up of mobile data in a world beset with complexity of devices and multitude of competing network topologies. Zafari Mobile primary purpose is to offer the user a simple, intuitive user interface that allows him/her to work seamlessly whatever their location.
Zafari Mobile is a unique graphical user interface (GUI) for all networks (Ethernet, dial-up, LAN, WiFi, GPRS, 3G/UMTS) and all types of modems. The GUI is specifically designed for laptops to provide seamless connectivity to all networks, over all modems, irrespective of location. Zafari Mobile creates a simple, intuitive bridge between modem devices, network bearers and existing user applications.
Why is Zafari Mobile unique?
1. Zafari Mobile is a simple, easy to use fully brandable interface that provides fast access to applications used in a mobile environment.
2. Zafari Mobile is not just a connection manager; it's a mobile computing experience, providing access to any data network, using any modem.
3. Zafari Mobile offers integrated SMS, IM and MMS messaging capabilities.
4. Zafari Mobile enables Enterprises to deploy a single interface across multiple countries, whilst maintaining support for multiple network operators and data cards.
5. Zafari Mobile can be highly customised to suit particular user application and branding requirements.
6. Zafari Mobile gives the IT Managers complete control over their users through an extensive Profile Management toolkit : controlling costs, increasing productivity and ensuring corporate security.
7. Wi-FiZone Hotspot Locator fully integrated into Zafari Mobile, enabling customers to search for WLAN hotspots, both on and offline. Through a sophisticated Auto Update Server application, updates to new hotspot locations can be delivered to end users each time they connect, ensuring that they are always up to date with the latest database of Wi-Fi locations.
The company's management has over 100 man years of industry experience and expertise behind them and were the team responsible for launching Vodafone Mobile Connect, the GPRS data service for Enterprise users from Vodafone Global.
Zafari Mobile Professional R1 standard specification:
Bearers: Fixed, Ethernet, GPRS, WLAN, CDMA, EDGE, UMTS
Devices: Nokia, Option Wireless, Sony Ericsson, Novatel, Sierra Wireless, Netgear, Cisco, Linksys, Belkin, Intel
Applications: Email, Web Browser, Bespoke Applications
Messaging: Email, IM (all five major clients), SMS, MMS
Security: Integrated VPN supports all major VPN clients, SIM protection, WEP encryption, GUI password protection
Control: Zafari IT Manager Toolkit
Branding: Zafari Branding Toolkit
Support: Auto-Update ensures Zafari Mobile will support all future modem devices and bearers such as WiMax