Verizon Wireless has unveiled an LTE version of the Samsung
Galaxy Tab 10.1 tablet. The US operator is selling two models of the
smartphone: with 16 GB of memory for US$529.99 or with 32 GB of memory
for US$629.99. The device is available on three price plans: US$30 per
month for 2 GB of data, US$50 per month for 5 GB and US$80 per month
for 10 GB.
Verizon Wireless and Samsung Telecommunications America (Samsung
Mobile) today announced that the Samsung Galaxy Tab™ 10.1 with 4G LTE
will be available July 28 in Metallic Gray in Verizon Wireless
Communications Stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com/SamsungTab4GLTE. A Glossy White model of the Galaxy Tab 10.1 will also be available online.
- 4G LTE – customers can expect download speeds of 5 to 12 Mbps and
upload speeds of 2 to 5 Mbps in 4G Mobile Broadband coverage areas
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- Android™ 3.1 Honeycomb platform – supports Google™ Mobile
Services including Gmail™, YouTube™, Google Talk™, Google Search™,
Google Maps™, Google Movies™, Google Books™ and Android Market™
- Adobe® Flash® 10.3 technology
- NVIDIA® Tegra2 dual-core 1 GHz application processor
- 10.1-inch HD touchscreen display with WXGA 1280 x 800 resolution
- 3-megapixel rear-facing camera and 2-megapixel front-facing camera for video chat capabilities
- 1080p HD video playback on a HD TV or other 1080p HD device
- Samsung Media Hub – offers a vast lineup of critically acclaimed
films and TV programs for rent or purchase. Media Hub has been
redesigned, allowing customers to playback Media Hub content on their
TV through an HDMI adapter (sold separately). Purchased content can be
shared with up to five devices enabled with Media Hub at no extra cost.
Pricing and data plans:
- Verizon Wireless will offer two 4G LTE Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
models both priced with two-year customer agreements: $529.99 for the
16GB model and $629.99 for the 32GB model.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 customers will have the option to choose one of the following mobile broadband data plans:
- $30 monthly access for 2GB monthly allowance
- $50 monthly access for 5GB monthly allowance
- $80 monthly access for 10GB monthly allowance
- A 16GB Wi-Fi-only Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 will also be available online at www.verizonwireless.com on August 4 for $499.99. The Wi-Fi-only model will be available in Metallic Grey.
Samsung Media Hub Credit:
- For a limited time, Verizon Wireless customers will get a free
$25 Media Hub credit from Samsung with their Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
purchase, good towards TV program purchases. Restrictions apply, see
inbox insert for additional details or visit www.samsung.com/VerizonTabPromo.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s fastest, most advanced 4G
network and largest, most reliable 3G network. The company serves 106.3
million total wireless connections, including 89.7 million retail
customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 83,000 employees
nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon
Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For
more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com.
To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and
high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the
Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
About Samsung Telecommunications America
Samsung Telecommunications America, LLC, a Dallas-based subsidiary of
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., researches, develops and markets
wireless handsets and telecommunications products throughout North
America. For more information, please visit www.samsungwireless.com.