SonyEricsson Unveils Xperia Acro – the Ultimate Smartphone for Users in Japan
Sony Ericsson has added a new smartphone to its Xperia range that’s
designed specifically for the needs of users in Japan. TheXperia acro
combines imaging and display technology with features familiar to
Japanese users, including mobile wallet and mobile TV. It features a 1
GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor and runs on the Android 2.3
Gingerbread platform while offering HSPA connectivity at up to 10 Mbps.
Sony Ericsson today unveiled the Xperia™ acro, a new addition to the
Xperia™ range, designed specifically for the needs of users in Japan.
The Xperia™ acro builds on the success of the product family with a
1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon™ processor, and runs on the latest Android
platform – Gingerbread 2.3. Best-in-class imaging and display
technology features from Sony – the perfect enabler for its mobile TV
Bert Nordberg, President, Sony Ericsson said, “We are delighted to be
introducing this flagship model to Japan. In this sophisticated
market, we are listening to consumers and are happy to adapt our
products to fit in with requirements which they believe to be an
essential part of the mobile experience. We expect that they will be
pleased to have such a uniquely adept premium smartphone and look
forward to a new wave of consumers experiencing the world of Xperia™.”
The Xperia™ acro provides an excellent multimedia experience, powered
by a Reality Display with Mobile BRAVIA® Engine and presented on an
extra wide 4.2” screen. The 8.1 megapixel camera with ‘Exmor R™ for
mobile’ enables the capture of low-noise, high quality images and HD
video (720p), even in low light. Pictures and videos can then be shared
in HD on a HDTV through a built in HDMI-connector.
Sony Ericsson Xperia™ acro – Key features
- Human Curvature™ design and form factor
- Mobile TV functionality enabling live TV viewing
- Infrared port enables data sharing with other infrared enabled devices
- Mobile wallet: Instead of paying with cash, cheque or credit
cards, a user can use the Xperia™ acro to pay for a wide range of
services and digital or hard goods.
- Extra wide 4.2” multi-touch Reality Display with Mobile BRAVIA® Engine to ensure ultimate multimedia and viewing experiences
- Sony Exmor R™ for mobile delivers best-in-class low-light photography and video capture
- 8.1 megapixel camera and HD video recording capability
- 1GHz CPU, Adreno 205 GPU
Sony Ericsson Xperia™ acro will be available in Japan from this summer in Black and White.
1) Facts and features may vary depending on local variant. 2) Operational times are affected by network
preferences, type of SIM card, connected accessories and various
activities e.g. playing games. Kit contents and colour options may
differ from market to market. The full range of accessories may not be
available in every market.