The new Sony Ericsson K660 packs landscape Web browsing and dedicated shortcut keys into a classy looking handset targeting a young Web-savvy audience.
Sony Ericsson today announced the launch of the K660, an HSDPA (‘mobile broadband’) enabled phone with clever features like illuminated shortcut keys that only become active when surfing the Net, and desktop tickers that provide regular updates from your favourite websites; all designed to make Web browsing on the move as simple and convenient as at your computer.
“Sony Ericsson’s vision is to offer ‘Generation Web’ a mobile internet experience that’s rich, user-friendly and satisfying,” says Martin Winkler, Head of Web Marketing at Sony Ericsson “This Web-optimised phone is a clear step along that journey and will appeal to individuals who are managing their busy lives and social networks online, whether its arranging to meet up for a football match or booking concert tickets.”
Sony Ericsson K660 – Web for Youth
- Web Optimised (Landscape Browsing and Shortcut Keys) for easy surfing
- HSDPA for fast surfing, email and download
- Google Maps for Mobile
The internet as you expect it to be!
The K660 makes browsing the mobile Web straightforward. The phone’s navigation key serves as a “magnetic mouse pointer” when in Web mode, letting you find your way around the page just as you would on a PC. It indicates when a part of the page is clickable and where text input is possible. You can even zoom in for a closer look at text or images.
Pan-and-zoom is just one of the Web shortcut keys that sit under your thumb when viewing Web pages in landscape mode. The K660 also sports a Bookmark function, a single click button that takes you back to your Home Page and an ‘Enter Address’ shortcut; all intended to guide you through the Web that much quicker.
The information you need – on your terms
The K660 is engineered to ensure that you’re not kept waiting for the news or content that matters to you. Music, video or email – HSDPA technology lets you download it all at speeds that are up to four times faster than regular 3G.
Get there with Google Maps for Mobile
Thanks to Google™Mapsfor Mobile, the K660 keeps you grounded wherever you are, even in a strange city. Find your way instantly with interactive maps that let you zoom in or out, or pan in any direction to orient yourself. Enter your current location and destination and receive point-to-point directions. No fuss, no diversions.
Shoot and share…instantly
The K660 squeezes a 2.0 megapixel camera into its compact frame, making it easy to capture the moment. And since the Web is at your fingertips, it’s just a few clicks to upload your picture to your blogsite and share it instantly with friends and family.
Although packing a whole host of Web applications, this phone is not just for suits. Available in two stand-out colours, a funky ‘lime-on-white’ and a stylish ‘wine-on-black’ colour, the K660 will earn you admiring glances no matter where you are.
The K660 is a UMTS/HSDPA 2100 and GSM/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900 phone that will be available in selected markets from Q1 2008.
Sony Ericsson Bluetooth™ Headset HBH-PV703
Make the most of the K660’s Bluetooth™ technology with the compact new Bluetooth™ Headset HBH-PV703, available as a separate accessory.
- With a talk time of up to 10 hours, a standby time of up to 350 hours the HBH-PV703 can keep going for as long as you can talk!
- The HBH-PV703 has features such as last number redial and voice dialing, letting you easily handle calls whenever you need.
Charge it. Forget it
The powerful HBH-PV703 offers up to a remarkable 10 hours talk time and 350 hours standby time - so you won’t miss important calls because the battery ran out.
With Auto-pairing ™ the HBH-PV703 automatically connects to your phone so all you need to do after charging it is activate Bluetooth™ in your phone. No need to try and recall pin codes – and with Bluetooth™ 2.0 + EDR – no compromise on security.
Use it all the time
Weighing a mere 14 g/ 0.49 oz., the HBH-PV703 is light enough to wear comfortably all day. Manage your calls from your headset with its built-in answer / end call, last number redial, and volume buttons.
The Bluetooth™ Headset HBH-PV703 will come in grey or black and will be available in selected markets from Q1 2008.
* Assumes 3G broadband (HSDPA) connection and the download of an average full track 4 minute song.
1) Facts and features may vary depending on local variant.
2) Talk and standby times are affected by network preferences, type of SIM card, connected accessories and various activities e.g. games. Kit contents and colour options may differ from market to market. The full range of accessories may not be available in every market. © Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications AB, 2007. The liquid identity logo, TrackID, PlayNow and M-Buzz are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications AB. Sony, Walkman and the Walkman logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sony Corporation. Ericsson is the trademark or registered trademark of Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson. TrackID and Media Manager are powered by Gracenote Mobile MusicID. Gracenote and Gracenote Mobile MusicID are trademarks of Gracenote, Inc. Bluetooth is a trademark or registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG Inc. Picture blogging and video blogging are powered by Blogger. Blogger is a trademark or registered trademark of Google Inc. Google is a trademark or registered trademark of Google Inc. Java and all Java-based trademarks and logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sun Microsystems, Inc. Microsoft and ActiveSync are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies Other product and company names mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved. Subject to change without prior notice.