KTF, nationwide HSDPA network by 1Q, 2007
Thursday, 12 October 2006
KTF (Young-Chu Cho, CEO & President), which launched commercial HSDPA (High Speed Downlink Packet Access) service at the end of June 2006, announces the deployment schedules for nationwide HSDPA network and related business plans on October 12th.
KTF plans to expand current HSDPA network in the urban center of 84 cities to the whole nationwide area by 1Q of 2007. HSDPA network will be planed to be evolved to HSUPA(High Speed Uplink Packet Access) network in the second half of 2007.
This early nationwide HSDPA network deployment is finally decided by taking following points into account; global WCDMA market is growing fast, increasing demands for HSDPA handsets give them price competitiveness, and the nationwide HSDPA network is firmly required for the revitalization of HSDPA.
KTF plans to launch 3 handset models supporting HSDPA/GSM within this year, and a large number of competitive handset models in March 2007 by the time nationwide HSDPA network deployment completed.
KTF plans to offer distinctive service comparison with CDMA service by offering 6 representative HSDPA services
1) Video services such as video telephony and services based on UCC(User Created Contents)
2) Mobile internet service within the range of high-speed more than 3.6Mbps
3) Perfect global roaming with multimedia roaming acceptable
4) Daily life convergence service combined with transport, finance, payment & etc.
5) Simultaneous multi access by using of voice, video & data
6) IP Multimedia service like IM(Instant Messaging), etc
KTF plans to bring out a new brand when launching nationwide HSDPA service, by preparing the more customer-oriented video telephony and data tariff plans for the revitalization of HSDPA service. (For the details, visit www.ktf.com )