Take the Ashes to work thanks to 3!
Don't miss a minute of the Ashes action with 3 mobile's LIVE and exclusive access to 3's Cricket TV Channel
The final countdown has begun for what is destined to be the biggest sporting event this summer. For 42% of the Aussie population, cricket conjures up images of lazy days spent in front of the TV, according to a recent survey conducted by 3 mobile to mark the launch of its 24 hour Cricket TV Channel with exclusive content.
Unfortunately for most however, almost three-quarters of respondents will be tied to their desks at work, wishing they were at the game when the 3 mobile Ashes Series kicks off at the end of the month. Just 5% are planning to take a sickie in order to be glued to the TV and only 6% will be heading to the pub with mates. With demand exceeding supply, the majority of people surveyed were not lucky enough to have secured tickets to the first match either.
But it doesn't have to be all doom and gloom for cricket fans this summer - 3 mobile is giving the cricket-crazed a chance to catch the action, bosses across the country be warned! Over half of those surveyed admitted they'd tune into 3's Cricket TV whilst at work. A further 36% say they'd check the scores whilst commuting to work on the train, bus or ferry.
Whether at work, on the beach or on the couch at home, for only $5 per month fans can get our Bumper Pack which provides unlimited:
- 24/7 Cricket TV, including LIVE and exclusive Channel Nine coverage of all 3 mobile Ashes Series, Twenty/20 and One Day International matches
- Archive footage from 1982 onwards
- Channel Nine's The Cricket Show
- Day highlights and full replays
- Exclusive video highlights for all 3 mobile Ashes Series, Twenty/20 and One Day International matches
- LIVE Scores
- Fixtures and ladders
- SMS alerts at every wicket and other key match events
- Latest news
- Match previews and reviews
- Plus unlimited access to our Sports, Info and Entertainment Packs
- Cricket TV is available throughout 3's Broadband Zones.
When it comes to the most-wanted 3 services, an overwhelming 43% said they'd keep up-to-date with the cricket action and one third would make the most of the news and weather info on Planet 3. The survey results indicate that we can expect an array of fashions at the match grounds this summer, with a quarter of respondents promising to wear anything green and gold to support the Aussies. 7% also predict they'll be donning a bikini to work on the tan!