As of today, Vodafone Netherlands commercially launches its UMTS broadband (HSDPA) service with the widest range of products currently available in the Dutch market. Moreover, Vodafone will offer its customers UMTS broadband roaming with 15 countries, with another five countries to be added before the end of this year.
To address the needs of different categories of business customers, Vodafone will introduce a range of five products offering UMTS broadband:
1. For laptop users there is the UMTS broadband mobile connect datacard.
2. From the end of October, this datacard will also be available in an ExpressCard version for customers using a laptop with an ExpressCard slot in stead of the traditional PCMCIA slots.
3. Vodafone is also introducing a new version of the Linksys Cisco wireless router, creating a 'mini hotspot' where needed, providing UMTS broadband access for up to five laptops simultaneously.
4. For customers looking for a new laptop, notebooks with built-in UMTS broadband capability are offered by Lenovo, exclusively with Vodafone.
5. The fifth UMTS broadband product will be the USB modem, available from the end of October.
Guy Laurence, CEO Vodafone Netherlands: "We are very pleased with the results of our customer trials, with customers telling us that user experience has really improved with UMTS broadband. Moreover, they are clearly impressed with the wide range of UMTS broadband products to choose from, yet again proving our market leadership we already established with the introduction of UMTS."
Largest roaming footprint
Vodafone customers can use UMTS broadband in Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, New Zealand, Portugal, Romania, South-Africa, Spain, United Kingdom, with another five countries to be added to this footprint before the end of this year.
Vodafone UMTS broadband is available from today in the Randstad and a number of business locations throughout the Netherlands.
Photographs of all products and a coverage map can be obtained through the press office.